Purchasing a new home is a big decision but with proper planning it can be a fun and pleasant experience. We have many Myrtle Beach homes for sale at this time and one of them is quite possibly the perfect home for you and your family.
We want to stress the importance of knowing exactly what you’re looking for and can afford before you ever begin your search and the following list will help you with that. Too many people have wasted countless hours looking at homes that were out of their price range when a little advance preparation would have streamlined the process for them.
Consider the following 10 things before you begin your search for that perfect property. We’re sure you’ll find it among the available Myrtle Beach homes for sale that are on the market at this time and we’d love to assist you with the process.
1. Location. Decide early what type of neighborhood or area you want to live in. Is it by the ocean, in a development set back away from the ocean, or in an area being newly developed.
2. Size. How large of a house do you need? While it’s great to have extra bedrooms for visiting guests, your property taxes will be based on size of home and number of bedrooms.
4. Features. Write a list of what features are most important to you in a home. Things like a garage, Carolina room, screen porch, or swimming pool with space to entertain, could be the difference between buying a house or not.
5. Lifestyle. If you’re an avid golfer you might prefer to live in a golf community with a home located along the fairway. But if your whole family is active perhaps a home with a fitness club, tennis courts and swimming pools would suit you better.
6. Children. When you have children it’s a great idea to move into a family oriented neighborhood where your children will have others to play with. Family oriented neighborhoods usually also provide amenities like playgrounds and swimming pools as well.
7. Maintenance. A home can involve quite a bit of time to maintain, from regular mowing of the lawns and weeding flower beds, maybe even cleaning the swimming pool. If you don’t have this time or the money to pay an outside company to do it, perhaps a condominium or townhouse would suit you better.
8. New or Pre-Owned. Whether you want an existing home, a brand new home waiting for its first owner, or you want to purchase acreage on which to build your dream home, we can show you what we have available.
9. Timeframe. How much time do you have to move? Can you afford to wait for a seller to find other housing or for a foreclosure to be available? If not, you may be only interested in homes that have already been vacated and are move-in ready.
10. Buyer’s Agent. You’re going to need someone in your corner to help you locate properties, get you in to see them, and help you negotiate a price and close the deal. We want to be that person.
At Myrtle Beach Real Estate we can help you with all aspects of purchasing your next property. Give us a call at 843-477-1777 and we’ll set up a time to meet with you and discuss what you’re looking for.