An FHA loan is a type of mortgage that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
If you are looking to buy a home in Myrtle Beach, but worry that your low credit rating or debt to income ratio may stand in the way, you may be eligible for an FHA loan. Although there are still limits to how much you can borrow, FHA loans typically require a lower down payment.
• Down payments as low as 3.5%
• Low minimum credit scores
• 1-4 unit owner-occupied residences
• Gifts allowed
• Non-occupant co-signors allowed
• Ability to add home repair costs to loan
• Annual up-front mortgage insurance premiums are required
• Maximum loan amounts vary by state and county
• Homebuyer education courses or minimum credit score requirements may apply
• Down payment assistance may or may not be available in your area
Since 1934, FHA loans have made it easier for all types of people, first-time homebuyers and senior citizens to realize their dream of home ownership. We are dedicated to finding the dream loan for your dream home.
*This is not a commitment to lend. All approvals are subject to underwriting guidelines. Restrictions apply. Rates may vary depending on creditworthiness, down payment, loan amount, and loan program. loanDepot is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the federal government.
Chris Downey – “The Mortgage Guy”